Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Custom Face Perfector Cream Foundation

I bought Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Custom Face Perfector Cream Foundation not so long ago but reviewed this just now because I am still trying to observe its performance. And besides, I am only a beginner when it comes to make up so it is kinda challenging to review make up products. In fact, this is my first ever foundation so please bear with me. :D


Based on Makeup Alley, a review site for makeups, the average rating of this foundation is 3.6 with 60% out of 35 reviewers saying to buy again. For me, products rated 3 and above should be given the benefit of the doubt so I decided to give this a try.


Since it is a cream compact foundation, its package is almost similar to that of a pressed powder, not a jar. The first layer contains the cream and the second layer in which you have to twist the container is where the sponge is placed. It comes with a double-sided sponge colored white and pink. The white side should be used for full coverage and to hide imperfections while the pink side is for sheer coverage that blends away fine lines. Hence, I use the white side for heavy makeup and the pink side for light application. I even tried applying the cream using my fingers but it can be messy at times so I stick to using its custom applicator.

While it indeed hides imperfection, this made my skin oily a few hours after application. I think I need to look for a finishing powder to partner this foundation.

I rarely use this during regular days because I prefer using powder especially in the office so this 9-gram cream may take a while to finish.

By the way, I got a sandy beige medium 1 shade.



Ingredients:

What I like about this product:
  • It hides the face’s imperfections when applied using the white side of the sponge.
  • It has SPF 18 sunscreen.
  • It comes with a custom applicator giving you the option between sheer and full coverage.
  • It is easy to apply and blend.
  • The price is reasonable since I bought mine in eBay.

What I don’t like about this product:
  • Without using finishing powder, it made my skin oily a few hours after application.
  • I learned from reviews that this has been discontinued.

Rate:



Update:
I have been using this daily with Celeteque Dermosciene Acne Solutions Oil Control Toner before applying this foundation and Covergirl Outlast Pressed Powder as finishing powder. It may not totally prevent the oil but at least the effect is ok for me.

More products from Maybelline:




       


No comments